Cook- Food Services- Per Diem
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
- Reviews menus, work orders, and/or tally sheets to determine type and quantities of meats, vegetables, soups, and/or food related items and to be prepared in accordance with daily forecast and before starting. Initiates quantity or menu changes and communicates effectively to appropriate staff as warranted and/or to utilize leftovers with positive results.
- Reviews communication log in production area before starting work and adheres to revisions or instruction as indicated on a daily basis.
- Plans cooking schedules and/or procedures following manual instructions and to ensure all food is produced in a timely and efficient manner and of optimum quality according to department standards.
- Utilizes appropriate tally sheets provided and accurately follows and produces quantity specified before and during production and precisely follows instructions upon completion according to daily census and on a daily basis.
- Prepares hot and/or cold foods following standardized recipes and procedures provided in manuals and in accordance with job flow posted and meeting department standards at the appropriate time of service for the patient line, cafeteria and/or functions.
- Habitually practices safe-handling and storage of all food items at time of production, service, and throughout the day, following department policy and standards in manuals and education provided.
- Habitually practices safe-handling of food service equipment used and in compliance with department standards, cleans and sanitizes said equipment before, during, and after use and on a daily basis. Recognizes hazardous conditions and reacts accordingly in a quick and decisive manner.
- Consistently practices "clean as you go" policy and follows organizational chart posted, completing cleaning and sanitation assignments for areas of responsibility in accordance with department standards on a daily basis. Uses initiative and performs extra cleaning tasks when time permits and on an ongoing basis.
- Accurately sets up patient line in a timely and efficient manner, for meal being served, serves meal with appealing presentation and following guidelines posted for portion control, breaks down line upon completion, and follows instructions for left over food according to department policy and procedure. Conducts training effectively with new personnel or as warranted to ensure controls are in place in accordance with department policy.
Important COVID message
Please note, Holy Family hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.