About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you
Responsible for the preparation and storage of hot and cold food items for the cafeteria, patient meal service, special functions, and outside programs. Maintains a high standard for sanitation in the production area. On a daily basis, prepares assigned recipes in proper quantities meeting established standards to ensure the highest in customer satisfaction
- Knows and practices the principles of quantity food cooking.
- Assures that foods are properly cooked to specified temperature.
- Takes corrective action to assure proper food temperatures (below 40 or above 140) as noted in the temperature records.
- Reports to supervisor food products of questionable quality (raw or cooked) to ensure quality food production at all times.
- Attends and participates, in a prepared manner, in scheduled meetings/in-service.
- Continues to evaluate and strives to improve the taste, smell, appearance, and texture of food to ensure high quality.
- Prepares all breakfast, lunch, dinner and special items for the patients and cafeteria following established standards.
- Reports promptly any potentially unsafe conditions.
- Alerts other employees of possible unsafe work practices.
- Maintains a clean-as-you-go attitude and sanitary work area to provide proper conditions for food production.
- Maintains clean and sanitary equipment/utensils using prescribed cleaning methods.
- Uses proper hand washing techniques at all times.
- Suggests items for café menu rotation.
- Prepares special requests accurately and on time.
- Produces recipes to the quantities determined to avoid waste or run-outs.
- Produces recipes and modifications for diets to ensure wholesomeness as noted by the taste panel.
- Follows standardized recipe cards to assure consistency of product from day-to-day.
- Determines which recipes to use first to maximize use of equipment.
- Completes daily pre-preparation and pull worksheet as assigned.
- Prepares foods for special functions, patients, and customers in a delicious and attractive manner.
- Adheres to sanitation guidelines to prevent food borne illness and possible spread of infections
- Assured that all food is properly chilled, covered, labeled, dated, and stored
- Demonstrates the competent usage of proper body mechanics, as trained, in all functions which require the movement of any object, by not incurring any lost time as a result of injury
- Maintains cook’s walk-in in an orderly and sanitary condition by ensuring proper storage, labeling, and thawing of all food products
- Maintains walk-in freezer in an orderly and sanitary condition by ensuring proper storage, labeling, and freezing of all food products.
- Records refrigeration temperatures in a daily temperature log
- Prepares food for special functions, patients, and customers in a delicious and attractive manner.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs, and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
Performs other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Education: High School diploma or GED preferred. Elementary level required.
- Experience (Type & Length): One to two years high volume production cooking preferred.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 123192