At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Provide confidential administrative assistance and support to the Executive Administration of Steward Morton Hospital. Responsible for the coordination of nursing staffing among various nursing units. Communicates with Nursing Leadership to project upcoming staffing needs, reviews daily and upcoming schedules for adequate coverage.
- Provide confidential administrative support to the Executive Administration for Steward Morton Hospital.
- Organize monthly Department Head meetings, quarterly Supervisor meetings and quarterly informational staff meetings for Steward Morton Hospital, keep accurate records and minutes to be used in conjunction with auditors, regulatory agencies and Joint Commission. Formalize and distribute annual schedule of meetings.
- Maintain designated Executive Administration appointment calendar, schedule and organize all required meetings. Make travel arrangements as needed.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, memoranda, special projects, technical papers and related material as required.
- Answer and screen all telephone calls, receive and greet visitors to the Administration office. Provide information and assistance in a courteous and helpful manner in accordance with hospital policy.
- Sort and prioritize all incoming mail for the President and other members of Senior Management.
- Assure the Administrative Office operates in a smooth, efficient and professional manner.
- Manages the day to day operations of the staffing office.
- Maintain and update nursing division schedules, calendars, and records in ANSOS One Staff software.
- Update Kronos to reflect sick time, benefit time used, etc.
- Forecast weekly staffing needs and collaborates with the Directors/Nurse Managers to ensure optimum, effective staffing levels on the Nursing Units.
- Cordinates coverage activities, identifying and communication coverage options with appropriate Director/Nurse Manager
- Identifies unfilled slots, receives, communicates and records information on absences. Takes call ins while on duty and finds replacement
- Maintains record of absences and provides report to nursing leadership
- Maintains global, forward looking perspective of current, short term andlong term staffing needs
- Communicates staffing issues and status, either verbally or in writing, with the off-shift and weekend supervisors.
- Serves as a resource and provides Ansos training
- Assists Managers to input schedules and payroll information
- Run, print and distribute planning sheets for daily, weekly, monthly, holiday and vacation schedules
- Maintain accurate list of employees in the nursing division including but not limited to MLOA's and RTW status
- RTW processes (e.g. EHS and nursing education clearances)
- Staffing reports
- Demonstrates leadership in and performs all special projects, programs and tasks as requested
- Maintains ANSOS One-Staff download to Kronos
- Maintains current, accurate list of employee phone numbers
- Assists in the preparation of statistical reports for Nursing Leadership for Performance Improvement, statistical analysis, staffing and budgeting.
- Assists in the oversight of the float and per diem personnel pool. Runs reports comparing per diem schedules to contractual obligations.
- Resolve problems on own initiative.
- Perform any other duties as assigned or requested by the President or any other member of Senior Management as needed.
- Perform all duties in a manner that is consistent with the values that have been established for Steward Morton Hospital and in keeping with the hospital mission
- Performance specific expectations:
- Involves other departments in project planning and implementation. Supports others in the department and provides help and assistance when possible. Regularly attends and participates in team and/or departmental meetings and activities. Keeps others in the department informed of relevant information. Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
- Welcomes patients/customers/employees in a warm, friendly manner.
- Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensures that the dignity of the patient/customer/employee is maintained at all times.
- Abides by and upholds the hospital’s service excellence standards.
- Respects the diversity of the patient/customer/employee population.
- Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.