Coordinator GME, Full Time, Day Shift
Provides Vice-President of Medical Education and Program Directors administrative support which will include clerical duties, department correspondence, processing verbal/written communications, directs and handles phone inquiries, coordinates lectures, assists with student/residents/fellow assignments, calendars and appointments as indicated. Maintains communication with physicians, residents, graduate medical education administrative staff and hospital departments, as needed.
Position Qualification: (Training, Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities)
• Education commensurate with required competency and skills required.
• Accurate written and oral communication skills, computer knowledge and skills.
• Able to take notes at meetings and compose appropriate minutes.
Performs duties and conducts interpersonal relationships in a manner designed to project a positive image of the department and the hospital.
• Works with supervisors/manager and other members of section or department to promote a harmonious work environment.
• Ensures that all contacts with patients, the public, physicians and other hospital personnel are carried out in a friendly, courteous, helpful and considerate manner.
• Answers telephones in a prompt and courteous manner.
• Displays concern and provides assistance as appropriate to callers or in face-to-face situations. Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of interns, residents and medical students.
• Works with supervisor and identifies problem areas and recommends solutions.