At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
The Credentials Specialist serves as liaison between the Credentials Office, the Chief Medical Officer, our Credentialing Verification Organization, and other hospital departments to coordinate all functions related to medical staff credentialing.
1. Associates Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
2. Two years of medical staff credentialing experience required.
3. Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
4. Computer literacy to include advanced spreadsheet, database management, and word processing skills and demonstrated ability to master new software programs quickly and as necessary. Knowledge of Internet.
5. Knowledge of medical terminology, NCQA, BORM, Joint Commission and DPH standards required.
6. Ability to work with sensitive information that requires strict confidentiality.
Important COVID message
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.