Work with various internal and external technology partners to ensure timely service restoration, develop and deliver ITIL framework-based methodologies, and document relevant processes to ensure that incidents are being managed within the service level agreements as per customer expectations.
• End to end responsibility for the management, communication, escalation, investigation and resolution of incidents.
• Ensure business updates are timely and of a high quality, arranging discussions and updates as required.
• Ensure that all modes of communication are effectively used throughout the incident life cycle.
• Act as Incident escalation focal point, identifying and resolving conflict and bottlenecks.
• Create agreed-upon action plans with named actions and deadlines. Accountable for the delivery of that plan.
• Document post incident recovery steps in order to establish root cause. Aid in process improvements and update the Knowledge Base.
• Drive, develop, and manage the major incident process and associated procedures / systems.
• Provide consolidated production incident metrics to senior management.
• Develop and maintain a skills matrix around agreed critical systems for use in incident situations
• Take preventive actions to minimize service and business impact.
• Conduct a thorough analysis of every incident after it is closed.
• Ensure that all the resolution procedures are updated in the knowledge database.
• Availability to work outside normal business hours (on-call rotation).
• Be an evangelist for the Incident Management Process .
• Perform other duties as assigned.
BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience.
• Proven track record of successfully troubleshooting diverse and complicated infrastructure issues.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a key contributor or owner in a business, technical, or application development role; e.g., held a senior role in any of the following: SA/DBA/Network/Voice Engineer or Operator, Mainframe Systems Analyst/Operator, Application Developer, etc.
• Experience in healthcare.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially interacting with business partners.
• Experience in an ITSM/ITIL role preferred.