Critical Need - Ultrasound Tech / Sonographer - Travel and Local Contracts Available
$5,000 Sign On Bonus Available for ASAP Starts
Up to $75/hour for ASAP Starts
Offering Premium Pay, Customizable Contracts, Travel Reimbursement, Housing Allowance, Guaranteed Hours, and more!
Local Travel Contracts Available!
Position Summary: Ultrasonography Technologist / Sonographer: will perform ultrasonography procedures including abdominal, gynecological, O/B, and vascular exams; will work under the supervision of the modality supervisory technologist and modality medical director.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures and maintain open communication with departmental leadership and other staff regarding patient care delivery, technical operations, equipment utilization, regulatory compliance, and continuing education.
- Ensure that all patients have a thorough understanding of the procedure to be performed and communicate relevant information in a compassionate and professional manner to patients undergoing procedures.
- Work with technologists and support staff to coordinate patient flow by monitoring hospital information and scheduling systems.
- Participate in departmental and institutional quality assurance/improvement programs and adhere to required infection control, environmental care, radiation safety, and general safety procedures to ensure overall patient, staff, and public safety.
- Monitor and perform required quality control on all imaging instrumentation, survey meters, calibrators, and other devices to ensure appropriate functionality and coordination of required service.
- Optimally perform all technical procedures associated within respective modalities, and assists in imaging procedures as directed by the radiologist as well as perform complicated intravenous and intramuscular injections as required by modality and in accordance with HWPs
- Perform routine back-up, transfer, archive and retrieval of imaging studies and maintain all necessary records and reports in a correct, timely, and efficient manner as well as create and evaluate softcopy and hardcopy production as needed.
- Establish intravenous access; administer imaging contrast media as directed by departmental policies and procedures and HWPs
- Perform routine diagnostic sonographic procedures in a careful, compassionate and respectful manner.
- 2+ years of previous US Technologist experience, hospital setting preferred
- Graduate of an accredited program for radiographers or ultra-sonographers
- Current BLS certification
- Current ARDMS registered certification with RDMS designation and/or current ARRT registered certification in Sonography with RT(S) designation.
- Current ARDMS registered certification in Abdomen with RDMS(AB) designation - OR - ARDMS registered certification in Obstetrics and Gynecology with RDMS(OB/GYN) designation
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental Insurance, Employee Assistance, Transitions Program, 401(k)
- $50 - $55
Please feel free to call or email us with any questions regarding the Steward National Traveler Network!
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.