Location: Morton Hospital
Posted Date: 2/9/2021
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Performs diagnostic procedures as prescribed by physicians. Operates CT scanner, pressure injector, and related equipment to obtain high quality diagnostic images. Prepares procedure room, equipment, supplies and medications as needed. Provides patient services using CT scanner. Practices Morton Hospital Customer Service standards.
- Collects information by interview from the patient, family, significant other and other health care providers.
- Reviews patient’s records and lab values to further ensure proper assessment of patient.
- Documents assessment in a legible and accurate manner in accordance with policy/procedure.
- Evaluates patient’s needs accurately in order to prevent potential problems or complications.
- Demonstrates ability to coordinate care with other members of the health care team.
- Explains the procedure to the patient and gives the patient an opportunity to ask questions.
- Establishes effective communication with the patient in order to complete the procedure. Is available and accessible to the patient.
- Injects patients using aseptic technique; asks for assistance in difficult situations.
- Monitors the patient for adverse reactions - responds appropriately.
- Keeps patient and family members informed of progress and/or delays associated with their procedure
- Completes annual education in Steward University.
- Completes quality images while following established protocols and procedures.
- Accurately prepares room for procedure, assuring all needed equipment is available prior to the start of the exam.
- Upon completion of procedure, properly cleans and organizes the room.
- Accurately assists in clinical training of Radiology students.
- Notifies supervisor of shortages of supplies, equipment malfunctions or unusual problems or situations within the department.
- In the absence of supervisor assumes responsibility as required.
- Readily and willingly contributes to the team approach in order to provide the best possible care and service.
- Uses proper radiation safety techniques to minimize exposure to themselves, patients, and the general public.
Management of Time and Resources:
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance.
- Is Reliable in respect to punctuality.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
- Produces quality results.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
- Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
- Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
- Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
- Responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer’s satisfaction.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION:
- Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills through the use of available resources (i.e.: inservices, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training).
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and inservices and/or reviews documentation as required.
- Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring.
- Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal supervision.
- Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
- Demonstrates an understanding of relative Hospital and all-departmental policies and procedures including safety issues.
- Possesses awareness of programs/services provided by Hospital and where they are located.
- Documented training and experience in radiography
- Documented training and experience in CT preferred
- Current BLS certification
- Current Massachusetts DPH Radiologic Technologist Radiography license
- Current ARRT registered certification in Radiography with RT(R) designation
- Current ARRT registered certification in Computed Tomography with RT(CT) designation*
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, Morton Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.