CT Technologist - CAT Scan Tech - Increased Rates, Apply Now!
$8K Sign on Bonus!!!
Effective June 2023 - Increased Rates for New Grads and experienced Techs - Apply Now!
North Shore Medical Center is proud to be a part of the Steward Health Care Network with 39 community hospitals across 9 states with more than 43,000 employees. For over 60 years, North Shore Medical Center has brought exceptional medical care to Dade and Broward counties. With 357 beds, 400-plus medical staff, and more than 700 employees, North Shore excels with its Emergency Services, General Surgery, high-risk Maternity Care, Cancer Treatment, Cardiology Services, Stroke Treatment, Diagnostic Imaging, and other top-rated services.
We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that supports your health as well as your financial, career, and life goals. We believe our people are our strength and we take our employees’ health seriously. From medical coverage and life insurance to retirement plans, paid time off and much more, Steward Health Care provides you with a variety of benefits for your unique needs.
Our Values and Culture: Steward Health Care is a minority, physician-owned organization that fosters, cultivates, and embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. No matter your role, being a member of the Steward family means you are making a difference every day.
We are committed to creating:
• A safe and respectful work environment. We want our employees to enjoy the same sense of care and belonging that we provide to our patients.
• Teams that celebrate, empower, and uplift people. A supportive, inclusive culture, where people flourish and thrive is one that everyone embraces and deserves.
• A culture of inclusivity and kindness. Don't just treat people how you want to be treated: treat them how they want to be treated. We believe, "If you can be anything in this world, be kind".
Under the direction of a qualified physician, performs both neuro and body scans on patients from neonate to geriatric, following the age specific guidelines, transmitting images for diagnostic interpretation, and keeping the hospital computer system up to date with the progress of these exams. The CT technologist actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Performs a variety of technical scanning procedures that require independent judgement and initiative as required in the application of ionizing radiation for CT procedures. Be responsible for designated areas, policies, and equipment.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of Cross Sectional Anatomy and Pathology
- Knowledge of Siemens and Philips Castscan Equipment
- Ability to learn and master new tasks related to Image Quality and Radiation Safety
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with people of various diverse backgrounds
- Adult and child/infant CPR
- Knowledge of PACS and associated equipment
One-year minimum experience. Organizational and customer service skills and ability to handle multiple task.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- ARRT ( R ) (CT)
- Florida State License - General Radiographer
- CPR Basic Life Support (BLS)