Culinary Operations Manager
At Trumbull Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Responsible to Trumbull Regional Medical Center for supporting the corporate mission vision and values. Responsible to Nutrition Services for expertise in the provision of all quality, timely, cost-effective, meals and related culinary operation services for patients, visitors and employees. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Responsible for the daily coordination of plans to organize, monitor, and direct associated aspects of respective areas which support department and institutional goals and objectives with focus on the production unit and retail operations.
- Coordinates activities with other departments and institutional needs. Fosters a positive team-working environment with a “hands-on” approach.
- Active participant in menu planning, program development, recipe standardization, plates and table presentation and development of service standards.
- Stays abreast of evolving menu and service trend; completes thorough analysis and incorporates through appropriate processes.
- Responsible for the consistent provision of superior quality and “upscale/room service” dining experiences for our patients and guests.
- Coordinates supply and routinely performs procurement functions with attention to fiscal parameters.
- Assists in coordination of special functions and catered events.
- Completes payroll activities, patient & non-patient menu development, reviews patient menus per medical nutritional therapy, provides first-line supervision and other related supervisory functions as assigned.
- Maintains high food safety and sanitation standards/practices; ensures and monitors proper equipment operation/maintenance, and compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Assists with short term and long-term planning including department planning, decision making, establishment of standards, and policy development/interpretation.
- Assists in the selection of qualified competent department staff to provide quality services.
- Completes performance appraisals on time based on policy.
- Recommends operating and capital purchases and monitors allocation of resources.
- Provides support, coverage, assistance, expertise as requested for other departments/activities or at appropriate Market facilities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Food & Nutrition or related field preferred, Associate degree in Food and Nutrition, Hospitality Management required. Equivalent training, experience and/or alternate related degree will be considered. Requires 3-5 year’s experience on this or related jobs in a restaurant, retail, banquet, hospital, or healthcare facility with progressively increasing responsibility to develop the judgment necessary to make appropriate decisions and to handle emergency situations.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
Current registration by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics as a Dietary Technician required; Registered Licensed Dietitian preferred. Both “ServSafe” certification and “Certified in Food Protection” by the Ohio Department of Health required.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Broad knowledge in the professional area of medical nutrition therapy and administrative dietetics, menu and program development, production operations, cost analysis, retail operations, inventory control and “room service” dining experiences. Technical skills and organizational skills essential. Advanced culinary skills a plus.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Intermediate personal computer skills including electronic mail, word processing, basic spreadsheets and work with graphics.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR PATIENT CARE
Provides diagnostic and/or therapeutic services to the patient based on physician orders as necessary. Direct result of any error could have serious consequences for the patient. Assures compliance for all regulatory agency standards.
Important COVID message
Please note, Trumbull Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.