Data Center Technical Manager
The role of the Data Center Manager is to oversee the support and management the physical data center infrastructure for our enterprise. This will include data center growth and capacity planning, disaster recovery analysis and planning, infrastructure component maintenance and lifecycle replacement, and event management.
The Data Center Manager will need to have strong knowledge of physical facility infrastructure and how it relates networking, servers/storage, and other data center computing components.
- Manages the physical computing environments at our core datacenter colocations. There are (2) colos in Massachusetts, and another in Dallas that can be managed with remote staffing.
- Duties include coordination and occasional participation in physical equipment installation and decommissioning activities, cabling, and service/support of equipment.
- Manage permanent and temporary physical access requests for Steward employees and non-employee support staff.
- Manage support and maintenance of Data Center electrical, UPS, Generators and Switched Power Systems.
- Work in conjunction with local facilities teams to coordinate support and maintenance of on premises Data Center cooling, fire suppression systems, security badge access and Video Surveillance Systems
- Participate in Data Center Infrastructure Projects including data center consolidations, equipment replacement and relocation.
- Responsible for capacity planning including environmental management reporting and recommending solutions based on anticipation of business growth.
- Manage and enforce Data Center standards including component racking, cabling, and changes in conjunction with Change Management Process best practices.
- Manage asset inventory and component lifecycle in Data Center.
- Manage Technical Infrastructure Monitoring
- Administer and review data center security access according to best practice protocols.
- Participate in continued development of the data center strategy for disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Maintain crisis event response procedures and delegations so to ensure that proper decisions as to how to handle situations in response to events, alarms, etc. are taken and the proper level of communication is organized between IS and our business unit partners.
- Serve as the data center primary point of contact during a disaster or other IT infrastructure-related crises.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, and EDUCATION:
- Expertise and experience working with Data Center Operations to include electrical, Generators, UPS, cooling, Fire Suppression, Burglar Alarm, Badge Access, Video Surveillance Systems
- 5 years of progressive technical IT experience, including 3+ years in IT operations management.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a rapidly growing and changing environment is crucial with the ability to multitask.
- Deadline oriented, team oriented.
- Working Knowledge of Change Control processes and enforcement
- Experience creating, tracking, and updating requests using problem tracking ticketing system.
- Good understanding of healthcare industry standards, solutions, and market trends