Data Warehouse Engineer
Steward Health Care System LLC seeks a Data Warehouse Engineer in Dedham, Massachusetts.
Work You’ll Do
- Responsible for the design, build and implementation of enterprise-grade data management solutions for large-scale, multi-tenant databases which provision data to web applications and business intelligence reporting for clinical, regulatory, and financial analysis and decision making.
- Design, build and implement enterprise-grade data solutions for large-scale, multi-tenant web applications.
- Produce high-quality, well architected solutions with an upfront focus on testing and long-term support.
- Ensure best practices and industry standard patterns are utilized whenever possible.
- Review existing code and other developers’ work and provide feedback.
- Collaborate with developers and analysts on technical and functional designs.
- Work with the Product Owner and key stakeholders to understand functional requirements for enhancements and new products.
- Assist with project scoping, sprint and release planning.
- Work with QA and DevOps to perform unit/integrated testing and assist with development of automation strategies and tools.
- Collaborate with DevOps to help identify areas for performance improvement.
- Advocate Agile Software Development principles and practices.
- Participate and assist in conducting daily scrum meetings.
- Contribute to team body of knowledge by educating colleagues on industry developments and new client-side technologies.
- Telecommuting Allowed.
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field and three (3) years of data engineering experience. Must also have three (3) years of related work experience involving each of the following:
- Relational database management systems including Microsoft SQL Server.
- Developing and supporting high-performance batch extract, transform, cleanse, and load processes using SQL Server Integration Services and Azure Data Factory.
- Working with SQL Server Analysis Services and Data Analysis Expressions (DAX).
- Utilizing BI tools including SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Utilizing Big Data technologies including Azure Data Lake.
- Knowledge of .net scripting and development techniques for continuous integration and version control.
- Server-side frameworks and environments including at least one of the following: ASP.NET MVC, Python or PHP.
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture (SOA) and experience in implementation in at least one of the following: REST, SOAP, RPC, XML.
- Experience with Git distributed version control system.
- Experience with Continuous Integration including at least one of the following tools: Microsoft Team Services, Bamboo, Jenkins, and TeamCity.
- Experience with an integrated development environment (IDE).
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal ability to furnish information. 41 CFR 630-1.35.