Denial Prevention Analyst II - REMOTE
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
This position is responsible for conducting financial analytics into a patient's overall financial responsibility as it relates to upcoming care within the Steward Healthcare System. Analysis will leverage the interpretation of payor contracts as well as state and federal regulatory guidelines to maximize revenue realization. These efforts will result in increased net revenues by reducing bad debt from potential write-offs due to lack of patient collections and denials. Interactions will primarily be conducted with patients and results of efforts will drive actions to secure payment for scheduled patients.
- Knowledge of health insurance and reimbursement/billing required.
- Ability to comprehend payor responses (EDI); e.g., 271/272 transactions.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Analytical skills, e.g. competent math skills (see below)
- Basic knowledge of healthcare finance.
- Conflict resolution
- Promotes quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Competent utilizing Microsoft office, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, and Word (see below).
- Familiarity and experience with Revenue cycle software, tools, and technologies.
- Medical Terminology and working knowledge of Coding knowledge required.
- Time management and flexibility to meet work schedule demands.
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills (escalation process).
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to work with a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and adjust to issues as needed in a dynamic work environment.
- Proven ability and/or expressed willingness to work as part of a team.
- Privacy, Safety and Security- the individual observes privacy, safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with patient collections, registration and/or scheduling.
- Basic understanding of Revenue Cycle functions, flow, and operations strongly preferred.
- Competent in core math skills required (determined by obtaining satisfactory score on competency exam).
- Experience level will also be a factor in lieu of educational requirements.
- Education: Associates degree required; Bachelor's Degree (BA or BS) with emphasis in Business Administration and/or Healthcare preferred.
- Experience: 1-2 years’ experience in dynamic healthcare (clinic, physician, or hospital setting) or payor environment performing activities such as patient collections, registration and/or scheduling.
- Certification/Licensure: Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) a plus.
- Software/Hardware: Comfort with data entry using Revenue Cycle software, patient management systems, and Windows-based applications preferred; competent utilizing Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) a plus.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 124478