About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
***Department Secretary Maintenance 32hrs/Days
Performs or manages the performance of all clerical, information management, scheduling, and office management functions of the Department.
- Ensures that appropriate information is gathered and prepared for reports, meetings, and correspondence for the patients, physicians, department, and management staff in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Organizes and maintains workflow patterns, procedures and equipment that streamline the clerical process of the department and provide for maximum efficiency.
- As appropriate, actively participates in Departmental & Hospital committees, projects, and interviews, maintaining minutes as appropriate.
- Appropriately schedules patients and manages associated information to bring about positive outcomes in volume, revenue, and patient satisfaction.
- Investigates and resolves complaints of patients and physician regarding relevant office functions with minimal supervision.
- Participates in developing and ongoing monitoring of departmental operational and capital budgets for efficient management of office functions.
- Demonstrates ability to analyze situations, track to root cause, and implement shorts and long-term solutions.
- Maintains all office and reception areas in an organized, safe, and presentable state.
- Ensures that office needs are met with cooperation, flexibility, and patient satisfaction awareness.
- Responds appropriately to all demands for service in the Sleep Lab, assisting with tasks as assigned by the Manager.
Management of Time and Resources:
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance.
- Is Reliable in respect to punctuality.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Is part of a team effort to ensure quality services.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
- Produces quality results.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
- Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
- Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
- Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
- Responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns for the customer’s satisfaction.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills through the use of available resources (i.e.: in-service, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training).
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and in-service and/or reviews documentation as required.
- Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring.
- Performs analytical and decision-making functions with minimal supervision.
- Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
- Demonstrates an understanding of relative Hospital and all-departmental policies and procedures, including safety issues.
- Possesses awareness of programs/services provided by Hospital and where they are located.
- Completion of a two-year program of Secretarial Training or 5 years’ experience as a secretary.
- Associate’s Degree in a related field with secretarial experience.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.