Diabetes Program Manager - Full-Time
Position Purpose: The Diabetes Program Manager will oversee and manage performance and data for the Diabetes Care Programs that are part of Steward Health Care System LLC and will be based at St. Elizabeth’s hospital. The successful candidate should be a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE- either RD or RN) and have strong managerial skills and will be expected to ensure that the American Diabetes Association (ADA) requirements for recertification of the Diabetes Programs are fulfilled within each entity. Additionally, the role will promote to both entities within the network and physician groups, maintain, and improve individual and population health by improving the health of patients with diabetes and associated co-morbidities. This position reports to the Medical Director for the Diabetes Program employed by St. Elizabeth’s hospital and has a dotted line to Regional Executive Director of Clinical Performance, employed by Steward Health Care Network.
This individual is responsible for working with the program medical director to plan, implement and evaluate of the Diabetes Care Program. The Manager acts as the liaison between the diabetes program staff, the Advisory Committee and hospital administration and will be required to have patient-facing clinic time for a minimum of 1 day per week. The Manager will collaborate with Care Management, Pharmacy, Social Work and the community along with others as needed to provide integrated services to risk patients to provide quality patient care in a cost-effective manner.
- Lead strategic planning in the development of a successful Diabetic Care Program that aligns with the mission of Steward Health Care Network, associated entities and program objectives and the ADA.
- Required to maintain patient-facing clinic hours for the equivalent of one full day/week
- Ensure that any and all ADA requirements are fulfilled and that the Diabetes Care Program maintains ADA recognition. This includes making certain that the curriculum is uniform, quality outcomes are monitored, and the special needs of each Diabetes Care Program site are met. The Diabetes Care Program staff should be optimally trained with regards to technological tools such as continuous glucose monitoring systems (CGMS) as well as insulin pumps.
- Monitor the maintenance of staff qualifications including licensures, registrations, continuing education credits and the CDE (certified diabetes educator) certifications and provide performance feedback as appropriate.
- Travel through the MA network is required for this position which includes, but is not limited to, meeting with local hospital administrators to serve as an advocate for the Diabetes Care Program to ensure that their individual needs are met and performing site visits at the various ADA DM sites
- Serve as a diabetes subject matter expert for population care management programs: i.e. review diabetes, assessments, provide periodic DM-specific training sessions for CM team(s), CMS billing guidelines
- Collaborate with Marketing to promote the Diabetes Program to the surrounding community and physicians. Marketing activities may include meetings, news (in hospital as well as local media), newsletters and pamphlets.
- Ensure that the Diabetes Care Program database and SHCN data requirements are developed, maintained and used appropriately while maintaining the highest standards of accuracy and quality in the data provided.
- Develop operational plans and policies necessary to achieve health education objectives and services.
- Work collaboratively with provider network, population health team members, and the quality performance team in support of the organization’s strategic efforts.
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with agencies and organizations interested in public health care, as needed.
- May assist in the development and preparation, and coordination of grant applications and grant-related activities to obtain funding for health education programs and related work.
- Collaborate with population health team to implement systems and processes to optimize care and monitoring of diabetes and related conditions, including hyperlipidemia and hypertension, with specific attention to improving performance under the quality programs.
- Maintain HIPAA compliance with patient data
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
Years of Experience: