About Mountain Vista Medical Center
Mountain Vista Medical Center is a 178-bed, state-of-the-art hospital located in east Mesa, Arizona, offering comprehensive health care services, including emergency care, heart care, advanced surgical procedures, orthopedics, breast care, maternity care, and women’s services. Florence Hospital, a campus of Mountain View Medical Center, is a 36-bed hospital offering emergency care, as well as surgical, imaging and laboratory services to residents of Pinal County. Our patients have access to a full range of excellent health care across our two campuses.
Position is responsible for assisting in the direction of patient meal delivery; actively obtaining patient meal requests with consideration to preferences and diet restrictions and adjust accordingly. Diet Technicians will be expected to learn and know all special diets and be able to adjust patient meal requests. Diet Technicians will participate in department improvement projects as assigned.
- High School diploma/GED Required
- Technical Training; completion of formal program from accredited institution related to nutrition preferred
- 1 - 3 years experience preferred
- Knowledge of special diets and/or restrictions
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Proven organizational and detail-oriented skills
- Proven written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills required
- Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with patients, public, coworkers, and supervisors
- Ability to use general office equipment computer, copier facsimile machines, and audio/visual equipment
- Ability to manage time well and prioritize tasks in order to cope effectively with deadlines and remain productive
Must be able to adjust continuously to irregular activity schedules and be self motivated.
Effective problem solving skills
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran