At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you
Position Title: Dietary Supervisor
Department: Food & Nutrition Services
Job Summary: Supervises, coordinates, trains and schedules personnel in a variety of functions. Responsible for daily operation in the absence of Food Service Manager or Director. Instructs and demonstrates methods of performing assigned duties, insuring the departmental standards for quality are maintained. Completes orientation and on-the-job training for personnel within the scope of supervision. Maintains hospital standards of discipline implementing remedial action. Responsible for quarterly and annual performance appraisals with input from Manager and Director. Responsible for proper trayline procedures and tray assembly. Responsible for retail operations to include cash procedures.
- Initiates orientation without prompt from Manager. Completes orientation check list and assures that all new hires have reviewed and sign off on department handbook.
- Completes monthly in-service as assigned by Food Service Director
- Completes on-the-job training worksheets for employee and complete any associated documentation.
- Inspects staff prior to starting line, ensuring employees have on appropriate uniform, hair restraint and have washed their hands.
- Completes pre-meal checklist to ensure accurate temperatures of all food items and if temperature not within normal limits, appropriate corrective action has been taken.
- Participates in pre-meal taste panel prior to line and corrective action taken if a problem has been identified.
- Assures tray line starts at proper time.
- Assures trays are assembled attractively using department standards.
- Assures that trays are assembled using proper serving dishes
- Takes temperatures during tray line and records on temperature log
- Uses substitution cards when necessary
- Informs others of problems using trayline log, after implementing corrective action plan.
- Performs Quality Improvement activities per department standards. These include Meal Rounds, Tray assessments, Hostess Accuracy Audits.
Minimum Education Requirements: High school diploma or GED equivalent
Minimum Work Experience: Two years of food service experience required
Other skills and abilities: Must be able to read, write, understand and speak English
Equal Opportunity Employer
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, Saint Anne’s Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.