About Mountain Vista Medical Center
Mountain Vista Medical Center is a 178-bed, state-of-the-art hospital located in east Mesa, Arizona, offering comprehensive health care services, including emergency care, heart care, advanced surgical procedures, orthopedics, breast care, maternity care, and women’s services. Florence Hospital, a campus of Mountain View Medical Center, is a 36-bed hospital offering emergency care, as well as surgical, imaging and laboratory services to residents of Pinal County. Our patients have access to a full range of excellent health care across our two campuses.
The Clinical Dietitian is responsible for independently planning, developing and directing all nutrition care activities for assigned patients including those with complex medical and nutrition needs. The Clinical Dietitian provides medical nutrition therapy following the nutrition care process, is part of a multidisciplinary team and actively participates in inter- and intradepartmental activities. The Clinical Dietitian meets relevant regulatory requirements, provides quality outcomes and maintains professional competencies. The Clinical Dietitian serves as a resource for medical staff and allied health professionals.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school with a major in nutrition required. Completion of an approved Dietetic Internship or other pre-approved program. Registered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration with successful completion of the RD exam. 1-3 years hospital experience preferred.
Required Skill Set:
• Advanced knowledge of medical nutrition therapy and application of the Nutrition Care Process format with accurate and timely documentation
• Intermediate computer skills required for electronic health record entry
• Effective time management and problem-solving skills; ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and remain productive
• Ability to assess the complex patient who may have multiple medical problems
• Excellent communication and interpersonal relation skills; ability to work independently and within a group of team members
• The ability to project a positive, warm, friendly and healing attitude to the patients required with excellent customer service
• The ability to read and communicate effectively in English
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled