Dining Service Associate - Part Time
At Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Responsible to Nutrition Services for meal service to employees, customers, and community. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
- High school graduate or GED with related experience or training in Nutrition Service required.
- Minimum of 1 year of food service experience, with recent experience in the last 5 years required
AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Organizes equipment and maintains supplies applicable to area served, prioritizing job duties to maintain customer service / flow of responsibilities.
- Maintains customer focus during all interaction with employees, physicians, patients, and visitors.
3. Knows proper procedure for handling food and operating equipment, including cash register system, dish machine, patient tray carts, cafeteria equipment.
4. Accurately operates cash/credit/payroll deduction applications of cash register and is accountable for daily balances and cash deposits, and accurately applying charges to all items purchased according to process set by management.
5. Orders, prepares, portions, serves food, works tray assembly, presents, and checks patient trays prior to distribution.
6. Delivers food carts to floors and retrieves carts.
7. Selects, measures, and mixes ingredients according to recipe and reviews menus for all necessary food items.
8. Assists with preparation, set-up, delivery, and break down of special functions and catering as assigned.
9. Reviews and stores daily deliveries and rotates stock according to standards as needed.
10. Cleans and sanitizes dishes, utensils, pots/pans, and equipment according to sanitation policy.
11. Maintains temperature records of coolers, refrigerator, and dish a machine as assigned.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Important COVID message
Please note, Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.