Location: Steward Health Care
Posted Date: 1/21/2022
(Briefly describe the overall purpose of this position - Why does it exist and how does it contribute to the overall organization?)
Directs the framing, evaluation, and implementation of strategic projects, process improvements and organizational change initiatives. Manages projects and processes for an array of strategic, change and/or quality initiatives that cut across disciplines and functional areas and typically involve both internal and external stakeholders. Facilitates, coordinates and integrates the strategic planning efforts of the Health system. Serves as a resource for process improvement (systematization) and quality enhancement efforts across the enterprise. Reports to the VP Supply Chain.
Steward’s supply chain department is a rapidly evolving and analytically driven with a focus on efficiency and process improvement. This role requires a highly motivated individual with a strong sense of ownership, strong technical and analytical expertise as well as longer term planning abilities. This role is fast paced, requires handling multiple projects at once and will be extremely rewarding as projects will directly affect the bottom line of Steward’s hospitals.
Additionally this role will coordinate on various system process improvement initiatives and exciting ad hoc analytic projects as assigned by the VP Supply Chain.
(Use bullets for specific responsibilities)
- Serves as resource and liaison to the Supply Chain Department in the area of data analytics, strategic planning, change management, process improvement, and quality enhancement.
- Works with facilities and corporate to integrate and align strategic planning efforts, performance metrics and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Works with the facilities and corporate Supply Chain teams to coordinate new process development and improvements to existing processes; helps draft short and long-term plans for the evolution of the process infrastructure; serves on committees for on-going analysis of process improvements for end users.
- Provides analytically-driven problem solving approach to strategic initiatives. Develops project approaches and detailed project plans. Manages projects according to plans. Plans and facilitates meetings as needed.
- Develops high-level operating models that define the future organization capabilities (e.g. organization structure, processes, and systems)
- Manages, organizes, coordinates and leads all aspects of the Supply Chain Performance unit including: project identification, stakeholder interaction, communication planning, project management and implementation, and KPI tracking.
- Develops detailed business cases to justify the needs, benefits and cost savings of change.
- Works with end users to define and review all training, communication and performance goals and strategies.
- Structure, conduct, and interpret analyses. Conducts research as required (interviews, web searches, etc.); collects and analyzes quantitative and qualitative data. Synthesizes findings and recommends course of action.
- Communicates results and recommendations to project sponsors and senior-level audiences.
- Builds productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Contributes to overall team efforts by participation in group meetings and effective communications.
- Works to improve current processes, providing innovative thinking, working with leadership and various teams to execute the plans.
- Directs, supports and coaches direct reports.
- Responds proactively to employee needs and concerns.
- Develops “experts” and “expertise” throughout the department and seeks employee input.
- Facilitates consensus among divergent groups.
- Minimizes staff turnover.
- Acknowledges and rewards employees’ strengths and accomplishments.
- Evaluates assigned staff performance and competency, providing direct feedback.
- Assesses learning needs, develops competency plans and provides opportunities for learning.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
(Examples: Ability to work independently and take initiative; Good judgment and problem solving skills; Communication skills; Interpersonal and organizational skills; Level of confidentiality)
- Desire to help and continually improve the capabilities of hospitals.
- Knowledge and familiarity with concepts in predictive analytics.
- Detail oriented with strong quantitative skills.
- Desire to work as a team.
- Embrace change in an exciting fast paced environment.
- Good communication skills and strong customer service.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and manage deadlines as required.
- Knowledge of and experience with Supply Chain Department support processes in a Hospital or Health Care field.
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks while still meeting deadlines.
- Extremely strong leadership, motivational, organizational, project management, communication, analytical, Excel and customer services skills.
- Outgoing and upbeat attitude that embraces process improvement and change management activities.
- Ability to drive large projects and assignments to completion with minimal supervision
- BS/BA degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Information Systems, or related field required. MBA a plus.
- 8+ years of relevant job experience required.