Director Clinical Nursing
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience. To learn more about Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, click here: Tempe St. Luke's Hospital
Position Title: Director Clinical Nursing
The Director is responsible for planning, organizing, and influencing department activities and the delivery of patient care. The Director must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills to provide care appropriate to the ages of the patients served on his or her assigned units. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of the patient and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the units policies and procedures and skills check lists. Must be able to respect diversity of each individual’s values, culture, spiritual beliefs, and other socio-economic issues in addressing the needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers. The Director maintains operations within budgetary parameters. Effectively interacts with patients, significant others, physicians, and other health team members while maintaining professional nursing standards. Ensures that care is of the best quality, is cost contained, and is carried out in an expeditious manner. Manages staff members in the Emergency, Respiratory Therapy and ICU/CCU Department. Consults with staff, physicians and Chief Nursing Officer on nursing problems and interpretation of hospital policies to ensure patient needs are met. Maintains and participates in hospital and department performance improvement activities.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 - 5 years relevant experience
- Registered Nurse in the State of Arizona in good standing
- BLS Certified
- Demonstrated leadership skills to include human, fiscal and capital resources.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a past paced environment.
- Ability to gather, analyze and assess data from various sources.
- Knowledgeable on all regulatory requirements to include local, state, national and specifically DNV.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite.
- Ability to adapt to change and manage time.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to exercise independent judgment in the completion of assignments and duties.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- 5+ years of experience
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families, so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Shift Differential, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 128464