Director, Clinical Quality Improvement
Responsible for the operations of Quality for North Shore Hospital. Demonstrate productive and efficient management skills. Excel in identifying and controlling critical cost elements; thereby promoting quality awareness and achieving the highest standard of excellence. Assists in formulating departmental budgets and adhering to established standards. Ensures performance improvement initiatives are implemented. Monitors staff performance. Collaborates with staff, physicians and the Quality Management Officer to ensure compliance with policies and procedures and accurate implementation in accordance with patient care standards.
- Ensures overall compliance with nationally reported quality data.
- Develops strategies and initiatives to ensure clinical quality indicators compliance.
- Communicates and collaborates with other departments in addressing clinical quality outcomes.
- Performs activities of interviewing, hiring, disciplining and termination.
- Develops, justifies and maintains departmental budgets; monitors supply costs.
- Works in collaboration with Physician Advisor to ensure appropriateness of patient care.
- Ability to identify staff learning needs, assist in planning and organizing orientation and inservice training for employees. Ensures attendance of employee at mandatory education.
- Communicates and collaborates with other departments in addressing patient care issues and in formulating performance improvement activities.
- Participates in performance improvement teams as assigned; develops and implements strategies to ensure PI compliance.
- Attends and actively participates in medical staff and hospital committees and meetings, as assigned.
- Monitors hand hygiene practices and submits findings to PI Council and Infection Prevention and Control practitioner.
- Responds to Infection Prevention and Control request for follow up within the requested time frame.
- Submits daily, accurate invasive device log.
- Rounds on patient's room and monitors compliance with IV therapy: IV sites dressing dated, timed and intact; IV tubing appropriately labeled; report/follow up on items in need of repair.
Position Qualification: (Training, Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities)
- Graduate from an approved nursing educational or a foreign graduate physician.
- Bachelor’s degree, in Nursing or related field preferred
- Master’s degree in related field preferred
- Minimum two (2) years management experience preferred
- Minimum five (5) years of nursing experience preferred
- Demonstrates leadership, critical thinking and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Experience in coordination of care, care management and quality/performance improvement.
- Quality Assurance/Utilization Management Certification preferred
- Current Florida RN License Preferred
North Shore Medical Center is proud to be a part of the Steward Health Care Network with 839 805community hospitals across 9 states with more than 43,000 employees. For over 60 years, North Shore Medical Center has brought exceptional medical care to Dade and Broward counties. With 357 beds, 400-plus medical staff, and more than 700 employees, North Shore excels with its Emergency Services, General Surgery, high-risk Maternity Care, Cancer Treatment, Cardiology Services, Stroke Treatment, Diagnostic Imaging, and other top-rated services.
We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that supports your health as well as your financial, career, and life goals. We believe our people are our strength and we take our employees’ health seriously. From medical coverage and life insurance to retirement plans, paid time off and much more, Steward Health Care provides you with a variety of benefits for your unique needs.
Our Values and Culture: Steward Health Care is a minority, physician-owned organization that fosters, cultivates, and embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. No matter your role, being a member of the Steward family means you are making a difference every day.
We are committed to creating:
• A safe and respectful work environment. We want our employees to enjoy the same sense of care and belonging that we provide to our patients.
• Teams that celebrate, empower, and uplift people. A supportive, inclusive culture, where people flourish and thrive is one that everyone embraces and deserves.
• A culture of inclusivity and kindness. Don't just treat people how you want to be treated: treat them how they want to be treated. We believe, "If you can be anything in this world, be kind".