Director Emergency Dept
At Sharon Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Plans and implements the overall nursing policies, procedures, and services for a unit. Maintains nursing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training clinical staff. Ensures that nurses are current in competencies, assessments, licensure, certifications, and other annual training. May provide direct patient care and is responsible for assessing, planning, and evaluating patients. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically, reports to senior management.
- High school diploma or GED.
- State of PA registered nurse with at least 5 years of clinical experience in a related field.
- Clearances as required by State and Federal Guidelines
- BSN preferred
- Ensures that care is delivered to each patient in accordance with the PA Nurse Practice Act, Standards of Clinical Nursing Practice and SRHS Policy
- Ensures staff compliance with hospital/unit policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
- Participates in activities that ensures the competency of the staff
- Participates in the Case Management Program
- Ensures proper staffing for the department
- Maintains accountability for fiscal management of the department
- Demonstrates good management techniques in established lines of authority
- Demonstrates maturity and accountability of job performance
Important COVID message
Please note, Sharon Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.