Director Nursing Services - Perioperative & Surgical Services
Responsible to Steward Health Care for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Nursing Service for providing overall leadership, management and direction of the surgical services including Operating Room, PACU, Same Day Surgery, GI, Sterile Processing Department. Supports the clinical departments through the development of information systems, methods and processes that enhance direct care, while meeting informational needs for trending, tracking, and financial analysis. Responsible for producing successful outcomes and results. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR
- Demonstrates strong clinical knowledge and research related to assigned areas, assures ongoing growth/education with clinical providers in alignment with evidence-based care guidelines, assures staff employ approved standards.
- Demonstrates a commitment to exceed expectations for standards of behavior: Attitude; Commitment to Co-Workers; Communication: Customer waiting; Privacy; Responsiveness; Safety Awareness; Service Recovery; and Sense of Ownership.
- Identifies ideas and actions to achieve the required clinical outcomes.
- Identifies ideas, actions and processes to improve quality, reduce risk, and maintain patient safety.
- Maintains excellent customer service.
- Selects and hires high performing staff members; provides oversight, leadership and mentoring to other leaders..
- Identifies ideas and actions to grow patient volumes, works collaboratively with physicians and other departments to improve services.
- Ensures the financial budget is achieved.
- Ensures that Surgical Services complies with all healthcare regulations, nursing regulations, Joint Commission, and Hospital policy and procedures.
- Provides visionary thinking on issues that affect Surgical Services.
- Builds and maintains trusting, collaborative relationships with staff, peers, other disciplines, ancillary services, physicians and vendors as well as interacts with all customers in a pleasant respectful manner, displays courtesy at all times.
- Maintains knowledge of healthcare delivery models, healthcare economics, and healthcare policy.
- Effectively utilizes data base management, decision support, and expert system programs to asses’ information and analyzes data from disparate sources for use in planning for patient care processes and systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or health care related field required or must be actively pursuing. Master’s degree in Nursing or healthcare related field preferred. Three to five years or more experience on a similar job or jobs with progressively increasing responsibility in this or another hospital or healthcare facility. Possess five to seven years of experience in acute care nursing to include five to seven years of experience in peri-operative nursing.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
Current Ohio license as a registered nurse by the Ohio Board of nursing is required. Current certification in BLS required.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Broad knowledge in multisystem/multiple inpatient environments (HIS/Clinical,