Location: Saint Anne's Hospital
Posted Date: 9/29/2020
This vital position is responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive marketing strategy to support our hospital’s strategic plan and generating awareness of the hospital’s offerings and accomplishments. The Director of Marketing and Community Relations has first-hand visibility into the inner workings and aspects of health care public relations and marketing, will contribute to concrete deliverables and gain real-world experience in promoting community wellness.
Their strategic focus is to build preference in the region for Saint Anne’s Hospital versus other hospitals.
- Strategic Storytelling: Working closely with providers, identify examples of the world-class care and talent at Saint Anne’s Hospital and opportunities to share those stories with patients and employees. This includes both public relations and owned channel content development.
- Service Line and Physician Marketing: Develop and execute local marketing campaigns designed to drive patient volume in the hospital and feeder primary care practices in collaboration with the Regional Marketing Director. This could included, but is not limited to, out of home advertising, digital advertising, community seminars, and lectures/speaking events. Manage local activation of regional and national campaigns as needed.
- Digital Content Management Responsible for department and service line web content (including DoctorFinder); news-style feature stories on physicians, staff and patients; rich content (including video and infographics); and daily social media content.
- Digital Community Management: Monitors and engages with user of online platforms, including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Google reviews and Yelp through provided digital tools like Sprout and Podium.
- Print Collateral: Create and maintain brochures, fliers, notices, forms, etc. for particular departments, events or physicians.
- Employee Engagement: Develop content that positions Saint Anne’s Hospital nter as a great place to work and aids in the recruitment of physicians and staff.
- Event Logistics: Provides event planning including onsite management and participation ; customized collateral development ; develops handouts and targeted presentation materials.
- Community Relations: Position Saint Anne’s Hospital as a leader in improving the health of South Eastern Massachusetts communities by: creating and distributing preventive health information; identifying new partners in the community; and managing the community benefits programs.
- Commitment to the Missioon and Values of Steward Health Care: Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external). Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Team Management: Manage a team in support of the activities listed above.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Positive attitude a must. The position will require providing support across a range of functions from marketing collateral development to event planning and community outreach. The position also requires occasional evening and weekend work at events and meetings.
- 6-8 years marketing, PR or communications experience required
- Fluency and/or familiarity with digital and social media
- Understanding of the relationship traditional marketing, current online/digital technology, and social media
- Curiosity and a desire to learn
- Creative thinking
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and multitask
- Knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Familiarity with platforms like Hootsuite, TweetDeck, or Adobe Creative Suite is a bonus
- Education: Bachelors degree is required
- Experience: 6-8 years marketing, PR or communications experience required
- Software/Hardware: Fluency and/or familiarity with digital and social media required. Knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook required. Familiarity with platforms like Hootsuite, TweetDeck Adobe Creative Suite is a bonus