Director of Materials Management - Full Time
At Trumbull Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Under the administrative direction of the Chief Financial Officer, oversees Materials Management Operations including purchasing, inventory management, distribution, and linen service operation for all acute healthcare facilities. Develops implements and monitors Material Management system goals and objectives effectively integrate the technical and human resources to support the organization’s mission. Works directly with the CEO’s,
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field or five years of leadership experience in the Materials Management area of a hospital facility required.
- Broad knowledge of supply chain including contracts, procurement, inventory, distribution, linen, sterilization and information systems program management.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Provides effective direction to system Materials Management team, associate training and development projects, performance improvement planning, review and quality control.
- Provides direction to Materials Management team in all Human Resource activities with the assistance of system Human Resources.
- Researches, develops, and with approval, administers system and Hospital Materials Management budgets for all assigned entities and facilities, providing for the attainment of agreed upon goals and objectives. Ensure compliance with budget guidelines and constraints.
- Researches, develops, implements and administers materials management policies and procedures for the system; ensures through system entity management staff the documentation, communication and understanding of same.
- Establishes, maintains and promotes among staff, positive working relationships with all internal and external system customers for the effective resolution of concerns in area of responsibility, as well as support of corporate hospital goals and objectives.
- Monitors and evaluates the staff education and training programs in area of responsibility to assure optimal education is provided in assigned functions, quality control, customer service, and equipment operation levels.
- Works regularly with hospital Administration in order to identify and resolve problems, coordinate and improve services offered; participates in the planning and implementing of new projects and services, etc.
- Represents the hospital to a variety of community and professional organizations. Identifies new business and community outreach activities; works with others on their development and implementation.
- Directs the negotiation of contracts, purchase orders, etc., with hospital suppliers for Market to ensure ongoing compliance with customer needs, as well as system financial goals and objectives, and Group Purchasing Compliance.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies for the system materials management activities including purchasing inventory management, distribution, and linen service operations in an acute healthcare facility.
- Prepares and/or directs the preparation of reports concerning status of activities/concerns in areas of responsibility; makes recommendation for change as needed.
- Provides direction in product service research activities; i.e. review of new products/services offered, evaluation of user and system entity needs, costs, delivery dates and other factors in order to maintain a customer oriented, quality and cost-effective supply.
- Continually reviews and analyzes the operation of areas of responsibility, ensuring that the staff is providing efficient and quality delivery of services while productivity targets are achieved.
14. Stays abreast of competitor offerings, trends, developments and legislation impacting areas of responsibility and communicates understanding of it to staff.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Important COVID message
Please note, Trumbull Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.