Director of Purchasing- FT/Days
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Shift: 40hrs Monday-Friday 7:30am-4pm, full-time benefit eligible
Position Summary: Administers and directs the Purchasing, Materials Distribution, and the Mailroom/ Copy Center departments. Coordinates the allocation of resources in supporting all hospital departments for materials, equipment and purchased needs. Develops and implements departmental policies and procedures, goals and objectives and budgets in accordance with hospital strategic goals and established policies.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Five to ten years of progressively responsible experience in a variety of functional areas related to Materials Management in a hospital or comparable healthcare environment.
- Experience with automated purchasing / inventory systems.
- Computer literate with demonstrated knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated skills in communication, planning and organization.