Location: Steward Health Care
Posted Date: 7/9/2021
(Briefly describe the overall purpose of this position - Why does it exist and how does it contribute to the overall organization?)
The Director of Operations has administrative and analytical responsibility for the labor management operations across nine hospitals in the AZ and UT markets. This role conducts regular reviews of staffing/productivity across all hospital departments, continuously strives to identify new and innovative approaches to labor-related opportunities, and works closely with local and regional Senior Leadership to support strategic initiatives. The position requires an analytical mindset, thorough knowledge of hospital operations/patient flow, and creative problem-solving skills.
(Use bullets for specific responsibilities)
- Completes advanced analytics to assess hospital efficiency and productivity via Excel models, scheduled reporting, and ad hoc requests by Executive Leadership.
- Provides superior customer service to internal clients, external clients, customers and patients.
- Assists in formulating both long and short term strategic plans for operational needs.
- Adjusts resource utilization according to volume of services in a way which balances efficiency and quality in areas of responsibility.
- Implements new operational models and structures to reduce cost, improve quality, and enhance services to patients and visitors.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
(Examples: Ability to work independently and take initiative; Good judgment and problem solving skills; Communication skills; Interpersonal and organizational skills; Level of confidentiality)
- Business planning, financial analysis, excellent communication, problem-solving, implementation, measurement & monitoring of performance.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels of the organization.
- Oriented towards quality and process improvement in effecting change.
- Education: Master’s degree required (MBA, MHA, MPH or similar degree)
- Experience (Type & Length): Progressive experience in hospital operations. Clinical background preferred (RN, ancillary service lines).
- Certification/Licensure: N/A
- Software/Hardware: Microsoft Office suite, with a focus on advanced Excel skills. Budgeting software (Budget Advisor, Axiom) experience preferred. SQL, Tableau, Qlik experience a plus.
- Other: Position is based out of the AZ market, requires regular travel to the UT market.