Director, Patient Financial Services, Full Time, Days
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Under the general direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Patient Financial Services is responsible for supervision of all Sinai's inpatient, outpatient and adult day health accounts. She/he directs preparation of all third party claim forms, patient bills, as well as administering the Hospital's credit, free care, and collection policies. She/he is responsible for accurate application of all payments and adjustments to individual accounts.
Baccalaureate degree preferred, but not required. Four years of credit and collection experience in hospitals. Two years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Directs staff billing and collection activities to obtain prompt and full payment, while complying with applicable regulations. (E)
- Recruits, trains, evaluates, rewards and disciplines Patient Accounts Department Staff as necessary. Ensures that cross training occurs. (E)
3. Coordinates gathering of demographic, credit and health coverage information with other departments including Admissions, Adult Day Health, Case Management, Outpatient Registration and Social Services. (E)
- Develops and implements Sinai policies and procedures including Credit and Collections, Free Care, and Administrative Allowances. (E)
- Coordinates staff, collection agency and attorney's efforts to collect delinquent and doubtful accounts. (E)
- Assists Vice President, Finance with maintaining Sinai's charge file to ensure compliance with applicable regulations. (E)
- Prepares and monitors departmental budget. (E)
- Collaborates with IT Department and computer system vendor to ensure prompt production of accurate claims, patient statements and reports to support Sinai's cash flow and compliance with applicable regulations. (E)
- Keeps abreast of LTACH regulatory requirements by attending meetings, conferences, obtaining relevant documents and maintaining close contact with attorney, third party representatives and other relevant parties. The Director works in conjunction with the TCU Administrator to stay updated on TCU billing requirements. (E)
- Distributes information about regulations and requirements effecting payment for Sinai's services. Works with appropriate departments to elicit cooperation. (E)
- Directs processing of payment for outside and ambulance service furnished under arrangements to Sinai inpatients. (E)
- Works with the Corporate contracting team to enter/update contracts for LTACH, TCU, and adult day health services.
- Works with the Central Business Office to implement software tools and coordinate job functions/duties for local staff with CBO team.
- Informs Vice President, Finance of department's activities. (E)
- Performs other duties as required.