Director, Resource Management
Director, Resources Management – Finance
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center (SEMC), a Boston University Teaching Hospital, is Steward’s flagship medical center in the Northeast. Patients receive tertiary care at our 308-bed main campus located in the heart of Boston’s Brighton neighborhood.
Our medical staff, made up of some of the highest-rated physicians in Boston, treats patients in our community practices in neighborhoods, including Allston, Boston, Brighton, Brookline, Newton, Watertown and Weston.
The Director, Resources Management reports within the structure of the SEMC administration.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director, Resources Management is responsible for effectively executing on the financial goals and strategies of SEMC by leading the development and ongoing management of a comprehensive financial/resource/staffing plan for the entire medical center.
- Manages the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets and monitors implementation of and adherence to budgets throughout the year, providing ongoing analysis to administrative staff.
- Recommends and coordinates implementation of changes designed to ensure optimum utilization of resources.
- Maintains pertinent statistical data and provides ongoing analysis of the cost of delivering patient care utilizing Meditech, Excel, Access and other software tools, as applicable.
- Monitors bi-weekly financial performance, staffing, expenses and revenues, and assists nurse managers/directors with budget variance reporting.
- Works with other members of nursing leadership and other departments to determine programs, trends and initiatives that can be predicted to impact resources.
- Interfaces with SEMC Nursing leadership and Finance and Operations leadership from both SEMC and Steward corporate in long-range planning and formulation of annual departmental goals and objectives.
- Monitors position control and FTE management in conjunction with Human Resources
- Assists leadership analyze operational expense variances and trends; determines root causes and evaluates for remediation.
- Compiles and analyzes performance and utilization data and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Leads and/or participates in new and existing inter-disciplinary teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) with a concentration in a related discipline, i.e. Finance, Accounting Healthcare Management
- 5 years of progressively increasing healthcare financial control and operations experience, primarily within an acute care hospital setting
- Computer knowledge including Meditech, Word, Excel, Access, ANSOS and PowerPoint
- Superior leadership, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Proven analytical and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
Frequently collaborates with the following:
- Chief Financial Officer SEMC
- SVP Operations, Steward NE
- Chief Operating Officer, SEMC
- Chief Nursing Officer, SEMC
- Other members of SEMC leadership team
- Human Resources
- Directors and Sr. Directors (SEMC)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Important COVID message
Please note, St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.