Director, Revenue Cycle
Posted Date: 3/9/2020
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director of Revenue Operations, the Director of Revenue Cycle is responsible for the oversight and operation of the business office.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the consolidation strategy for managing receivables for the organization.
- Build and maintain high quality registration, billing, customer service, collection, and reimbursement processes.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the technology and information systems needed to facilitate the consolidation of services, ensure overall cost reductions, and maximize the effectiveness of accounts receivable management.
- Recruit and direct the management resources needed to meet operational and organizational objectives.
- Ensure all employees within span of control are provided a structured work environment.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining regular and meaningful communication throughout the Business Office.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all fiscal intermediaries, payors, vendors, facilities, and Corporate.
- Comply with all reimbursement and billing procedures for regulatory, third party and private insurance payors.
- Promote the department as a service organization and continuously work to identify and satisfy the needs of customers.
- Motivate process leadership through continual feedback and recognition.
- Uphold the Code of Conduct and Corporate Compliance.
- Appropriately and fairly address employee misconduct.
- Enforce all compliance policies as they pertain to his/her area.
- Provide and assure timely compliance education as requested by the Regional Compliance and Safety Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
- Set an example to all staff in their daily activities.
- Maintain knowledge of payer rules, regulations and guidelines to ensure ethical and compliant standards and provide continued education for staff as appropriate.
- Provide analysis and data driven recommendations to senior management.
- Conduct regular staff meetings to review productivity metrics, reaffirm weekly/monthly goals, provide coaching/training and ensure work is appropriately prioritized. Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Some travel will be required to Steward facilities
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Leadership – guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering quality practices.
- Financial Management – applies tools and processes to successfully manage accounts receivables to budget.
- Project Management – analytical and problem solving skills to assess work activities and allocate resources appropriately.
- Organizational and delegation skills – proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources.
- Tactical execution – oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes.
- Customer service skills – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Policies & Procedures – articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures, and systems.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely through presentations, written reports, policies, meetings, and telephone calls.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to recruit and manage the resources necessary to meet organizational and operational objectives.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management, Business or Health Administration preferred.
- Experience: At least 10 years’ related experience.
- Software/Hardware: Intermediate or Advanced knowledge of MS Excel & MS Word required. Meditech and nThrive (Xclaim) preferred.
- Other: Some travel will be required to Steward facilities.