At Trumbull Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Responsible to Distribution for receiving, shipping, storing and delivery of goods and equipment as well as the filling and delivery of requisitions for supplies. Responsible for the pick-up and delivery of supplies and necessary items. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
- High school graduate or GED preferred with related experience or training in distribution and basic computer skills.
- Previous experience with office equipment (computers, adding machines) required.
- Requires up to one year’s experience on this or related jobs in a hospital or healthcare facility to develop the judgement necessary to make appropriate decisions and to handle emergency situations.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license and/or CDL and proof of current insurance required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Receives, verifies, signs and delivers all incoming goods and supplies. Notifies Supervisor of any unusual circumstances or discrepancies, enters data into computer inventory system and checks accuracy against printed documentation.
- Deliver received items to their proper locations/ departments including the placements of items into storeroom inventory.
- Delivers to and picks up items from various outside entities/ agencies.
- Fills requisitions for departments of items located in inventory and the delivery of the same to each user or requesting department.
- Prepares, weighs and ships out-going packages as required.
- Reviews inventory and fills out inventory sheets for Distribution supervisor.
- Operates vehicles as required for day-to-day delivery and operational needs.
- Assists in taking physical inventory.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Important COVID message
Please note, Trumbull Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.