Echo Tech Per Diem
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
***Echo Tech Per Diem
Performs, under minimal supervision, routine and specialized testing on patient to obtain information used in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
· Performs Echocardiograms, Stress /Dobutamine Echo’s and TEE’s as prescribed by physicians. Has working good working knowledge of diagnostic equipment.
· P Performs all cardiac ultrasound techniques using an intuitive approach and ingenuity as necessary to arrive at a complete and diagnostic study.
· Prepares room, equipment and materials for patients as needed. Prepares patient for exam, i.e., explains the procedure, physically prepares patient and assists patient as needed after the procedure. Follows all established patient care protocol.
· Responsible for maintaining procedure logs and test results. Assures that the services provided meet the needs of the referring physician.
· Maintains a safe and clean environment according to established hospital policies and procedures
· Demonstrates proficiency in performing all computer tasks associated with job responsibilities.
· Oversees the maintenance of all equipment according to hospital policy and manufacturer’s recommendations.
· Assures patient safety.
· Prolonged standing or sitting, depending on lab section
· Occasional assisting in turning of a patient.
· Transporting of the testing equipment to other areas of the hospital to perform bedside exams.
Management of Time and Resources:
· Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame
· Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities
· Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
· Is reliable in respect to attendance.
· Is reliable in respect to punctuality.
· Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
· Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
· Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns
· Produces quality results.
· Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
· Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, Morton Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.