Echo Tech PRN - Davis Hospital
Davis Hospital and Medical Center is a 225-bed facility that opened in 1976 and has grown over the years to become a first class medical facility. By offering a broad range of healthcare services, advanced medical technology and a comfortable, convenient patient experience, Davis has become the hospital of choice for its community. The hospital’s highly skilled doctors and experienced nurses keep a relentless focus on quality and constantly maintain their commitment to patient well-being and satisfaction.
Some of our area of expertise include: Emergency Services, Cardiac Care, Women’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Rehabilitation Services, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health.
The Echocardiology Technologist is responsible for assisting physicians in acquiring technically proficient echo-cardiology procedures using ultrasound equipment to provide physicians with complete, accurate anatomical and functional diagnostic information. Assists physicians with necessary services to care for their patients. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of a patient; possess the ability to identify each patient requirement relative to his or her age specific needs, and provides the care needed as described in the unit’s policies and procedures and skills check lists. Must respect diversity of each individual’s values, culture, spiritual beliefs, and other socio-economic issues in addressing the needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers, Participates in performance improvement activities
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Requires training in two-dimensional and m-mode echocardiography and course work in cardiovascular anatomy and physiology with emphasis in cardiovascular dynamics. physiology with emphasis in cardiovascular dynamics
- Current Utah State Radiology Technologist license; or credentialed by ARDMS as RDCS or RDMS and RVT
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written English. Additional languages are strongly preferred.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Davis Hospital & Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.