ED Care Technician - Nights
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience. To learn more about Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, click here: Tempe St. Luke's Hospital
Position Title: Emergency Department Care Technician
- -Provides indirect patient care in the departmental setting.
- -Meets communication needs of the department.
- -Transcribes physician orders from records with notations and signatures by nursing staff.
- -Prepares and compiles records in the department.
- -Answers the telephone and patient intercom system.
- -Enters orders into the computer, alerts nursing staff to abnormal lab results.
- -Orders supplies and stock items as required.
- The Highest education level, minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- Licensed EMT in the State of Arizona or current CNA/LNA
- CPR/BCLS Certification
- Ability to work effectively with computer based charting and other clinical software programs.
- Adaptability to change and good organizational skills.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Prefer completion of an EKG class and hospital experience.
- 1 - 3 ER Tech years experience
- Completion of an EKG class and hospital experience
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families, so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Shift Differential, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 124243