ED RN New Graduate Residency Program Full Time
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
ED RN New Graduate Residency Program
- Program will take 2 new graduate hires. Hours: variable hours
- Applications submitted by October 10th
- 14 weeks of unit-based orientation - 32 hrs/wk on unit, 8 hrs/wk with Nursing Education
- Residency Length – 6 months
- Transition from entry level (novice nurse) to competent professional emergency room nurse
- Develop effective decision-making skills related to clinical judgement and performance
- Develop strategies to incorporate research-based and evidenced-based practice
- Peer support letter from a peer in a leadership role
- Two nursing support letter (current healthcare manager (if applicable) and nursing instructor)
- Letter of intent – see below
- Email documents to: Lyndsey.Bain@steward.org
Letter of Intent
- A brief description about yourself
- Why are you interested in the New Graduate Program at Morton?
- Why did you become a nurse?
- Describe any hands-on experience you might have that will make a difference to your patients
- What is your 5-year plan and how does Morton Hospital fit into that plan?
- What are some of the qualities that you possess that make you a good candidate?
- Weekly learning sessions with 100% attendance
- Learning sessions will include – ACLS/PALS training, ENO training modules, Emergency Room specific classes
- Weekly check-in sessions with Nursing Education and Preceptors/Mentors
- Online didactic courses
- BSN Preferred
*** Up to $15K Sign on Bonus available for qualified new to Steward Health Care RN applicants (full time) ***
Coordinates total nursing care for patients participates in patient and family teaching and provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and other patient team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Additional certification required where applicable:
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, Morton Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.