ED RN New Graduate Residency Program Full Time
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
ED RN New Graduate Residency Program
- Program will take 2 new graduate hires. Hours: variable hours
- Applications submitted by October 10th
- 14 weeks of unit-based orientation - 32 hrs/wk on unit, 8 hrs/wk with Nursing Education
- Residency Length – 6 months
- Transition from entry level (novice nurse) to competent professional emergency room nurse
- Develop effective decision-making skills related to clinical judgement and performance
- Develop strategies to incorporate research-based and evidenced-based practice
- Peer support letter from a peer in a leadership role
- Two nursing support letter (current healthcare manager (if applicable) and nursing instructor)
- Letter of intent – see below
- Email documents to: Lyndsey.Bain@steward.org
Letter of Intent
- A brief description about yourself
- Why are you interested in the New Graduate Program at Morton?
- Why did you become a nurse?
- Describe any hands-on experience you might have that will make a difference to your patients
- What is your 5-year plan and how does Morton Hospital fit into that plan?
- What are some of the qualities that you possess that make you a good candidate?
- Weekly learning sessions with 100% attendance
- Learning sessions will include – ACLS/PALS training, ENO training modules, Emergency Room specific classes
- Weekly check-in sessions with Nursing Education and Preceptors/Mentors
- Online didactic courses
- BSN Preferred
*** Up to $15K Sign on Bonus available for qualified new to Steward Health Care RN applicants (full time) ***
Coordinates total nursing care for patients participates in patient and family teaching and provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and other patient team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Additional certification required where applicable:
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, Morton Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 125919