ED Technician, PT 24 hours, 7a-3:30pm
Join us at Holy Family Hospital
Not many healthcare professionals have the opportunity to build a career with a great job and robust benefits while also caring for friends, family and neighbors. You can when you work at Holy Family Hospital in Methuen and Haverhill. As part of the Steward Health Care System, our goal is to offer low-cost, high-quality healthcare to the people who live and work near our hospital, so they don’t have to travel far for great care.
Our two campuses in Methuen and Haverhill have a total of 320 beds, and we are a full-service, acute care hospital offering comprehensive inpatient medical/surgical units, outpatient care, and 24/7 emergency services. We have three behavioral health units: cardiac telemetry, and critical care service lines. Our Haverhill campus offers all private rooms, and our Methuen campus offers a new state-of-the-art catheterization suite and Joint Center of Excellence, named as a Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction+ Center for Knee and Hip Replacement.
Position Summary: 24 hours, 7am-3:30pm, Every Other Weekend
Participates in the general organization and functional operation of the Emergency Department and in delivery of care to emergency patients of all ages under the direction of the registered nurse. EKGs, Vitals, assisting with stabilizing patients, transportation of patients and patient care.
- Performs clinical tasks of EKG, splinting, vital signs, finger stick glucose testing, wound care, crutch walking, and patient activities of daily living.
- Performs specimen collection according to hospital procedures at the direction of the nurse.
- Assist providers with diagnostic procedures and exams (i.e. pelvic examination, lumbar puncture, suturing, etc.)
- Performs visual acuity testing on patients and documents as directed by the RN.
- Completes daily department stocking and checklists as assigned by the Lead ED Technician of Charge Nurse.
- Cleans exam rooms upon patient discharge or directs housekeeping to do so for rooms requiring terminal cleaning.
- Responds quickly and courteously to call lights and patient and family requests.
- Greet patients and documents arrival time on triage sheet.
- Obtains and documents vital signs on all patients before they are triaged, unless immediate treatment in clinical area is required.
- Assists with order entry or quick registration of patients in triage to expedite care.
- Assists patients who need assistance with transport from parking area.
- Provides comfort measures for patients in the waiting area (i.e. blankets, ice, etc.)
- Acts as a liaison between the patients and families, triage nurse, clinical staff working inside and security.
- High school graduate or GED preferred.
- CNA, EMT or graduate of Medical Assistant program.
- BCLS required.
- Demonstrates clinical competency within the scope of practice of applicable certification.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate at the high school level.
Salary Range: $16.60-$24.67
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families, so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit-eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copay will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Shift Differential, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers with unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax-paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multi-specialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers. Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.