Educator Nurse Ex
At Sharon Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit.
Summary: The Clinical Educator provides a variety of educational services to employees throughout the Health System. In collaboration with the Director of Education, this position Is responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing new employee orientation, in-service education and training, and competency instruction and validation. In Addition, acts as a Health System role model, facilitator and advocate for safety, quality, and service excellence.
- Under the general direction of the Director of Education, coordinates and implements an efficient and effective patient care orientation program
- Develops and delivers targeted education programs to meet employee needs. Assists managers in creating appropriate annual education plans based on the department’s safety and quality initiatives, regulatory standards, population served, and staff and leader education needs. Provides in services upon request for new processes, procedures and equipment
- Develops and implements a competency plan and structure for staff. Supports managers in identifying unit specific competencies related to high risk, low volume, or problem prone skills. Facilitates timely completion of competency validation for each assigned department. Collaborates with Director in developing an effective preceptor program. Trains preceptors in necessary skills and knowledge. Trains preceptors in necessary skills, knowledge, provides ongoing professional development, and provides feedback to the managers on the preceptors.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement of the overall education program
- Demonstrates a variety of teaching methods to meet varied learning styles
- Represents the Education department on hospital committees focused on clinical quality and patient care growth initiatives
- Demonstrates leadership and professionalism
- Completes and maintains requirements for instructor for BLS, ACLS, AND PALS
- Pennsylvania Registered Nurse License
- BLS/CPR instructor
- PALS Instructor within six (6) months of hire)
- BSN or actively pursuing
- Vacation time
- Sick time
Please note, our Sharon Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.