Educator RN Ex
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
The clinical educator position encompasses the following functional components: (1) clinician, (2) educator, (3) EBP supporter/researcher, (4) consultant, (5) role model, change agent, and (6) leader. The goal of the clinical educator is to improve patient care by teaching, coaching, role modeling, mentoring, and leading nursing practice.
- Serves as a clinical resource to nursing staff and nurse leaders.
- Collaborates with staff nurses to assess, plan, direct and evaluate patient care.
- Promotes collaboration among healthcare disciplines to improve the quality of patient care.
- Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment
- Orients new nursing staff through classroom teaching and demonstration.
- Collaborates with the director, clinical leader, and preceptor to support new nursing staff during unit orientation.
- Orients and supports clinical faculty and students.
- Teaches and supports the use of technology.
- Coaches and supports the practice development of nursing staff.
- Coordinates and teaches American Heart Association classes (BLS, BLS instructor, ACLS, ACLS instructor, PALS, PALS instructor, other)
- Collaborates with directors, clinical leaders, and staff to determine educational needs and provides education based on needs.
- Uses appropriate teaching techniques based on education assessment.
- Facilitates the involvement of nursing staff in patient and staff education.
- Promotes and facilitates evidence-based practice among nursing staff and nurse leaders.
- Integrates research into own practice.
- Assists staff in identifying potential problems for nursing research.
- Conducts research.
Leadership (consultant, role model, change agent)
- Represents nursing practice throughout the organization by participating in appropriate committees and task forces.
- Participates in and leads nursing quality improvement.
- Participates in community activities in area of practice.
- Maintains an active clinical presence.
- Acts as change agent for the improvement of patient care.
- Promotes, guides, and supports the professional development of nursing staff.
- Assesses systems and collaborates with nursing staff and nurse leaders to effect change.
- Attends scheduled meetings and shares information as appropriate.
Minimum Education Requirements: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN required, MSN preferred.
Equipment/Software/Certification: Current Massachusetts RN license, BLS, ACLS, PALS, and CPI certification/instructor preferred.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.