EEG Tech, Non-Registered- EEG Department- Per diem.
Qualifications: Graduate of an approved EEG Technology Program. Certification as a registered EEG Technologist (R.EEG.T) preferred. Experience in long-term EEG monitoring (ambulatory and stationary) highly desirable. Pediatric experience preferred.
Physical Requirements: Lifting up to 40 pounds; pushing/pulling; prolonged standing/walking; reaching; squatting; repetitive procedures; lifting of supplies and equipment; ability to read numbers; manual dexterity and mobility.
- Performs awake, sleep and portable EEG's on neonates, infants, children, adolescents, adults, and geriatric patients of acceptable quality. Explains the procedure, benefits, and possible side effects, if appropriate, to patients and/or family members.
- Performs set-up and discontinuation of long-term EEG monitoring patients (adolescents, adults, and geriatric). Reviews and edits patient data for preparation of analysis by epileptologist.
- Obtains pertinent clinical information and documents such on EEG record for review by neurologist. Prepares EEG record (DVD) hard drive for physician interpretation.
- Keeps EEG machine, long term EEG acquisition and monitoring equipment, and other adjunctive equipment clean and in good working order. Able to calibrate and troubleshoot according to established protocol.
- Coordinates scheduling of patients with nursing units and outside physician practices. Schedules to provide an efficient and expedient performance of testing.
- Accurately documents tests in log book, appointment book, and computer scheduling system. Enters charges appropriately.
- Maintains files and DVD storage. Mails or faxes reports, as required.
- Recognizes own learning needs and assumes responsibility for professional growth.
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship and rapport with neurologists.