EEG Technician, Per Diem
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values: Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Stewardship.
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Performs EEGs, ambulatory EEGs, telephone transmission EEGs and multiple sleep latency EEGs. Responsible for recording electrical activity of the patient's brain to study epilepsy, convulsive disorders and localizing lesions in the cerebrum. Performs clerical duties. Participates in performance improvement and continuous quality (CQI) improvement activities.
- Ability to use computerized equipment to perform EEGs.
- Obtains patient's medical history from chart and patient; documents patient information into computer for report generation.
- Demonstrates the ability to place electrodes on the patient's scalp in the designated areas.
- Demonstrates the ability to monitor and interrupt test results in order to make changes or adjustments as needed by the physician.
- Responsible for recording and labeling test results EEGs; sends data to physician to interpret.
- Maintains a daily log of all procedures performed.
- Operates equipment safely and correctly; performs preventative maintenance; reports all malfunctions.
- Interacts professionally with patients and/or families; treats patients and families with respect.
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of patient, neonate through geriatric population.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Notifies appropriate licensed personnel when medically necessary.
- Educates patient and family about procedure performed.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to coworkers, physicians and patients.
- Maintains a good working relationship within the department and with other departments.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Documentation meets current standards and policies.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to orient new staff members.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / LICENSURE / TECHNICAL / OTHER
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to monitor EEG wave patterns.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Attends continuing education courses/seminars when available.
- A minimum of two years of experience as an EEG technician.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic
Important COVID message:
Please note, Nashoba Valley Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 121886