EHR Population Health Analyst
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
This position reports to the Program Manager, Population Health Applications for Steward Health Care Network. As a member of the EHR Operations team, the EHR Population Health Analyst is primarily responsible for ACO Quality, MACRA/MIPS, and Risk Code Tab functionality within athenaClinicals, eClinicalWorks, and Cerner PowerCharts ambulatory EHRs. The EHR Operations Team is a valuable resource for the ACO Quality, MACRA, and Coding business leaders within Steward Health Care Network by providing assistance troubleshooting quality data gaps, documentation methods, utilization metrics, and translating each vendors approach on value based reporting.
- Performing as SHCN’s subject matter expert for all ACO Quality, MIPS, and Risk Tab functions within athenaHealth, eClinicalWorks and Cerner PowerChart Ambulatory.
- Maintain current knowledge of functionalities available within EHR systems (eClinicalWorks, AthenaClinicals, NextGen, Allscripts, GE, Cerner
- Serves as SHCN’s EHR liaison for application issues, opens cases/tickets with EHR vendors and facilitates conversation between SHCN and Vendor
- Creating, posting, and management of online training tutorials (PDF, .ppt, video, etc.) representing EHR provider and front office workflow aimed to maximize value for MIPS/ACO reporting.
- Build of ACO Quality fields, templates, flowsheets, dashboards and any other data entry mechanisms aimed to maximize collection of MIPS/ACO data
- Virtual and in-person (NE) Train the Trainer activities with Optimization Specialist nationwide
- Virtual Train the Provider activities nationwide, should represent a smaller portion of overall trainings.
- Troubleshoot root cause of data gaps in all national reporting for MIPS, ACO Quality
- Identifies all solutions for data gaps, creates thorough plan for remediation, works with SHCN staff to implement and monitor until resolved
- Support the Quality and Risk Adjustment team identifying root cause of data gaps within HER
- Provides planning, reporting, evaluating, and facilitating improvement processes to increase effectiveness and efficiency in SHCN practices.
- Assists the EHR Optimization Specialists on EHR workflows, enhancements, and all ACO and MIPS functionality.
- Collaborates across functional departments to support and implement changes/enhancements.
- Assists in preparation of training materials (Internal or External).
- Produces and maintains record by keeping provider database up to date for select fields
- Manage and track providers use of EHR and any quality program (MACRA/MIPS, NGACO, & Commercial Quality program)
- Maintain collaborative team relationships with peers and colleagues to effectively contribute to the working group's achievement of goals, and to help foster a positive work environment.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelors’ Degree preferred
Years of Experience:
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in the support of clinical providers and ambulatory practices, specifically with the use of healthcare electronic records. Familiarity with quality measure programs is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of eClinicalWorks, AthenaClinicals, Cerner Ambulatory, NextGen, Allscripts, GE EHRs
- Experience with the following:
- MACRA/QPP/MIPS, ACO Quality, Meaningful Use, REC
- Workflow Analysis (preferred)
- Reporting/analysis Tools
- Strong computer skills
- Experience creating succinct training and documentation material for physicians
- Ability to problem-solve and prioritize.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Must maintain patient confidentiality
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled