EKG Technician II - Per Diem
Performs, under minimal supervision, routine and specialized testing on patient to obtain information used in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
* Performs EKGs, Stress testing (ETT, stress echo and Nuc Med stress testing), Holter monitor placement and scanning as ordered by Physician. Prepares patient for exam by explaining procedure and physically hooking up the patient as needed. Follows all established patient care protocol.
* Performs testing in a timely manner and insures accuracy of reporting. Has and demonstrates knowledge of the diagnostic equipment.
* Demonstrates proficiency in performing all computer tasks associated with all job responsibilities.
* Keeps equipment clean and in good working order. Performs equipment checks to ensure safety of patients and staff as well as proper operation of equipment. Reports any problems to the on duty supervisor of the department
* Prolonged standing or sitting may be required.
* Occasional moderate lifting, 25-50lbs), (with help), as well as assisting a patient into position for testing.
* Covering codes and emergencies cases as well as routine EKG, stress tests on inpatient and outpatient throughout the hospital. Stays in communication with physicians, nurses, patients, visitors, and other hospital personnel.
Management of Time and Resources:
* Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame
* Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities
* Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
* Is reliable in respect to attendance.
* Is reliable in respect to punctuality.
* Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes
* Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
* Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns
* Produces quality results.
* Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
* Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed