Emergency Dept RN, Full-time 3pm - 11pm
RN Provides direct and indirect patient care in the emergency care setting. Provides care that reflects initiative, flexibility and responsibility indicative of professional expectation with a minimum of supervision. Is able to triage safely, rapidly and accurately, every patient that enters the emergency care system. Determines priorities of care based on physical and psychosocial needs, as well as factors influencing patient flow through the system. Communicates with Emergency Department physicians about changes in patient's status, symptomatology and results of diagnostic studies. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment.
- Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes, consults with other specialists as required and adjusts nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
- Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. This includes pediatric, adolescent and geriatric patients and the general patient population.
- Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain.
- Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques.
- Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Ability to monitor hemodynamic status of patient and correctly interpret the results.
- Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring, identifies dysrhythmias and treats appropriately.
- Accurately assigns triage categories.
- Maintains accurate and continued nursing documentation including patient histories, conditions, treatments, responses and assessment of changes.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity.
- Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and family.
- Functions as liaison between administration, patients, physicians and other healthcare providers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patients served.
- Able to interpret data about the patient's status in order to identify each patient's age specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group.
- Prior ED experience
- Meditech knowledge helpful
- Good communication skills
- Ability to prioritize in a one MD setting
- ACLS and PALS required
- MA RN Licensure
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic
Important COVID message:
Please note, Nashoba Valley Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.