Location: Steward Health Care
Posted Date: 10/28/2021
The Emergency Mental Health Clinician will provide direct services to psychiatric patients of all ages in a hospital emergency department setting, including evaluation and level of care assessment.
- Evaluates psychiatric patients in the Emergency Department under the supervision of a Psychiatrist.
- Serves as a liaison with other service providers or community supports for the continuous improvement of services to patients.
- Maintains patient charts appropriately, including accurate documental of evaluation, interventions and treatment recommendations.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to demonstrate good communication skills and the ability to maintain positive relationships with physicians, patients, families, and all other hospital personnel.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and feedback.
- Ability to effectively adapt to new challenges with enthusiasm.
- Solid organization skills.
- Ability to present and discuss information and status of workload.
- Ability to read and write in English is required.
- Computer skills are required.
- Education: A Master’s degree (MA, MS, MSW) or Doctorate (PH.D., Psy. D) in Psychology or related field is required.
- Experience (Type & Length): 1-2 years of related experience.
- Licensure:LICSW/LMHC Licensure in the state of Massachusetts is required.