Emergency Room Tech
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
Saint Anne’s Hospital’s Emergency Room Department, is a 13,000-square-foot facility opened in 2011, it offers advanced technology and 24-hour rapid medical evaluation and emergency care. Some amenities include: 27 all-private rooms with bedside registration, TVs, and family seating. Six-room private and secure behavioral health suite. 24-hour orthopedic coverage. Real-time TeleStroke® and Arctic Sun® for stroke and cardiac patient expertise. State-of-the-art integrated computer systems, and much more.
Emergency Room Technician / ER Tech
The Emergency Room Technician performs various patient care activities and related non-professional services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients, under the ultimate direction and supervision of a registered nurse.
- Coordinates patient care activities for all ER patients including: departmental flow, logging, setup for procedures, documentation, discharge instructions, and coordination of other professional services as directed.
- Removes sutures/staples after the wound is assessed by the physician.
- Applies slings, ace wraps, cervical collars, wrist and knee immobilizers.
- Applies posterior splints to include, but not limited to: sugar tong splints, thumb spica splints, ulnar gutter splints when directed by the physician.
- Measures patients for crutches.
- Performs skin scrubs on dirty wounds prior to laceration repair.
- Provides wound care, applications of OTC ointments, Gelfoam, Silvadene, and applies aseptic or sterile dressings.
- Assist with gastric lavage as directed.
- Performs EKGs on critical and non-critical patients.
- Performs phlebotomy on patients.
- Determines a patient's oxygen saturation by using a pulse oximeter.
- Documents vital signs and all interventions on Emergency Department Clinical Record and signs full name.
- Considers age specific needs according to scope of service: Neonate, Child, Adolescent, Adult,Geriatric.
- Initiates crutch walking teaching.
- Reviews preprinted instructions with patients and refers all questions to the physicians.
- Sets up sterile instruments for procedures, being aware of applying sterile technique and its principles.
- Rinse, reassemble, and make ready Central Supply equipment for return to CSR.
- Orders, maintains, keeps track of inventory of ER supplies.
- Applies safety principles in testing and maintaining oxygen tanks.
- High School diploma.
- More than one year's experience, as a technician, in an emergency room preferred.
- Previous phlebotomy experience and/or EKG experience preferred.
- Basic computer literacy and BLS required.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.