Employee Health and Wound Care Nurse - Part Time - SLRMC
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today you’ll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring for which Salt Lake Regional always has been known.
Some areas of expertise include: Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health among others.
Employee Health Nurse
Under the general direction of the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) and Quality Director, the Employee Health Nurse endeavors to promote health and safety to all employees by promoting a healthy working environment. Responsible for managing Employee Health activities throughout the facility. Maintains and updates all employee health records as required by state and federal regulations. Plans, implements and coordinates activities related to Workers' Compensation. Will assist the Infection Control Nurse as needed. Will work occasional shifts in Wound Care. Other duties as assigned.
- Current Nursing license for the State of Utah
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred.
- 3-5 years of general hospital nursing experience.
- Current BLS (CPR) issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider
- Knowledge of hospital operations and organization.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge base in the use of oxygen equipment, and other equipment specific to the Wound Care department.
- Understanding of basic Wound Care techniques desired.
- Experience with specialized WOund Care nursing equipment.
Steward Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer Female/Minority/Disabled/Veteran
“Salt Lake Regional Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.”
This Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.