EMT PRN - Davis Hospital
Davis Hospital and Medical Center is a 225-bed facility that opened in 1976 and has grown over the years to become a first class medical facility. By offering a broad range of healthcare services, advanced medical technology and a comfortable, convenient patient experience, Davis has become the hospital of choice for its community. The hospital’s highly skilled doctors and experienced nurses keep a relentless focus on quality and constantly maintain their commitment to patient well-being and satisfaction.
Some of our area of expertise include: Emergency Services, Cardiac Care, Women’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Rehabilitation Services, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health.
Emergency Medical Technician
The EMT works collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team and assists with emergency room procedures. Performs patient care activities within the scope of licensure and training. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of a patient; possess the ability to identify each requirements relative to his or her age specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's policies and procedures and skills check lists.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Current BLS (CPR) issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
- Must be an EMT or Paramedic
- Certified for IV insertion preferred.
- Six months of EMT or emergency care preferred.
- Must be able to take call as needed or assigned.
- Ability to read, understand and communicate effectively in English.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Davis Hospital & Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.