Endo Technician - Endoscopy - Per Diem
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
This position is covered by the SEIU Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Assists Endoscopist during endoscopic and invasive procedures. Assures Endoscopy suite is adequately prepared for procedure. Monitors PAR level of all surgical instruments and supplies. Cleans and disinfects all appropriate endoscopic instruments. Participates in departmental staff meetings and performance improvement activities.
Per Diem- Hours as Needed
- Interacts professionally with patient and family.
- Provides patient with explanations and verbal reassurance, as necessary.
- Adapts procedures to meet individual needs of pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients for treatment.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Prepares room in a timely manner with all anticipated instruments, supplies. and equipment for each individual surgical procedure.
- Demonstrates competency to participate in Endoscopy call rotation.
- Assists in the positioning of patients for endoscopic procedures.
- Carries out medical/surgical asepsis during treatments/procedures.
- Maintains safe environment for patient, co-workers and self, per facility policies and procedures.
- Checks all equipment/instruments needed, prior to each procedure, to ensure proper functioning.
- Protects patient’s sensitivities and right to privacy; closely observes patient with minimal disturbance.
- Notifies appropriate licensed personnel when patient complains of pain.
- Follows aseptic technique when opening sterile supplies and setting up procedures.
- Performs services requiring technical or manual skills, under the direction of RN.
- Maintains an orderly and sterile instrument table for the purpose of efficiency; follows department standard set-up.
- Anticipates needs of surgeon during intraoperative phase.
- Cleans and prepares rooms between procedures and after last case; restocks supplies, when necessary, and organizes effectively for end-of-case clean up.
- Assumes responsibility for care of equipment during intra/postoperative phase, including cleaning and processing of equipment.
- Consults with other staff members when in question or unfamiliar with equipment or procedure.
- Collaborates regularly with other members of the nursing team, in order to maintain equipment and supplies for surgical procedures.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and good working relationship with co-workers for the patient’s benefit.
- Makes decisions reflecting knowledge of facts and good judgment within the Endoscopy Room Technician’s scope of practice.
- Makes decisions reflecting knowledge of the assigned case and instruments and/or trays to be readied for the procedure.
- Utilizes initiative; strives to maintain steady level of productivity; self motivated. Organization and management of activities reflects due consideration for the needs of the department.
- Demonstrates competence in care of specimens and accurately handles specimens at all times.
High School graduate or equivalent. Current BCLS Certification. Minimum of one (1) year of work experience in the Operating Room. Ability to read and communicate effectively in English. Basic computer knowledge.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.